Services Of Health Care
Welcome To OM Hospital
General & Laparoscopic Surgery
- His General Surgery Department provides emergency & elective surgical facilities along with elective, major and minor cases done on day care basis and in hospital admissions as required.
- The Department is well supported by a well equipped Radiology Department and Pathology laboratory, which can organize blood transfusions.
- The Operation Theatre possesses advanced facilities such as a fully equipped set up for advanced laparoscopic surgeries and image intensifiers.
- The hospital has the backup for major surgeries and 24-hour monitoring staff which can take care of all post-Operating Management efficiently.
- Laparoscopic surgery also called minimally invasive surgery (MIS) or keyhole surgery, is a modern surgical technique in which operations in the abdomen are performed through small incisions (usually 0.5-1.5 cm) as opposed to the larger incisions needed in laparotomy.
- Keyhole surgery makes use of images displayed on TV monitors to magnify the surgical elements.
- Laparoscopic surgery includes operations within the abdominal or pelvic cavities, whereas keyhole surgery performed on the thoracic or chest cavity is called thoracoscopic surgery. Laparoscopic and thoracoscopic surgery belong to the broader field of endoscopy. There are a number of advantages to the patient with Laparoscopic surgery versus an open procedure. These include reduced pain due to smaller incisions and hemorrhaging and shorter recovery time. Dr. Kulkarni from OM Hospital has taken special training for Laparoscopic surgery from Pune & from Conitare & he is performing Basic & Advance Laparoscopic surgery from last 15 years with excellent results.
Our Specialist Team
DNB Ortho (Mumbai), D. Ortho Fellowship in knee and shoulder arthroscopy Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon.