Orthopaedic surgery or orthopedics (sometimes spelled orthopedic surgery and orthopedics) is the branch of surgery concerned with conditions involving the musculoskeletal system. Orthopaedic surgeons use both surgical and nonsurgical means to treat musculoskeletal trauma, sports injuries, degenerative diseases, infections, tumors, and congenital disorders.
Orthopaedic surgeons are trained in the preservation, investigation, and restoration of the form and function of the extremities, spine, and associated structures by medical, surgical, and physical means. An orthopaedic surgeon is involved with the care of patients whose musculoskeletal problems include congenital deformities, trauma, infections, tumours, metabolic disturbances of the musculoskeletal system, deformities, injuries, and degenerative diseases of the spine, hands, feet, knee, hip, shoulder, and elbow. The orthopaedic surgeon manages special problems, diagnoses the injury or disorder, and establishes the treatment plan using surgery, medication, exercise, and/or physical therapy.
- At OM Hospital we have a well equipped & well-trained department of Orthopaedic Surgery which is managed under the guidance of Dr Rohit Kulkarni.
- The department is equipped with HePa Filters and the latest Arthroscopic equipment to carry out routine and specialised arthroscopic surgeries.
- Routinely done orthopaedic surgeries at OM HOSPITAL include :
- Paediatric Orthopaedics
- Spine Surgery
- Hand and Microvascular Surgery
- We focus on patient care of the highest standard & postoperative rehabilitation to help our patients recover faster.
- We have qualified physiotherapist to attend our patients to make sure our patients follow a meticulous rehab regimen.
In brief about Arthroscopy and Arthroplasty ( Joint Replacement ):
Used for various diagnostic and therapeutic purposes such as treatment of ligaments and meniscal injuries of knee and rotator cuff and labral injuries of the shoulder
Advantages of Arthroscopic Surgery
- Key-hole Surgery
- Less morbidity
- Early recovery and rehabilitation
- Early resumption of daily activities
Commonly done replacements are the knee, hip, and shoulder
Worn surfaces of the joint are replaced with an artificial joint
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Post Traumatic Arthritis
Joint Replacement procedures offer a great lifestyle modifying option to the patient in cases where pain levels start interfering with activities of daily living and where conservative options have exhausted.
At OM HOSPITAL, we are performing all sorts of replacements procedures with the highest standard of care and safety.
Fully functional rehab unit under the supervision of experts physiotherapist to ensure a smooth and early rehab towards your goals.
All sorts of simple & complex trauma surgeries are being done at our hospital.
Simple and complex trauma surgeries for fractures
Easier post-op rehab is made because of the availability of in-house physiotherapist to allow for a smoother and faster rehab.
Fully Functional physiotherapy unit under the supervision of an expert physiotherapist and under the guidance of D. Rohit Kulkarni
- All physiotherapy exercises and rehab therapies
- Interferential therapy ( IFT )
- TENS ( Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation )
- Muscle Stimulation
- Local Ultrasound
One-to-one approach: A detailed rehab plan to each and every patient individually and tailor-made for that particular patient according to his or her needs.