Orthopaedic surgery or orthopedics (sometimes spelled orthopedic surgery and orthopedics) is the branch of surgery concerned with conditions involving the musculoskeletal system. Orthopaedic surgeons use both surgical and nonsurgical means to treat musculoskeletal trauma, sports injuries, degenerative diseases, infections, tumors, and congenital disorders.
A child’s musculoskeletal problems are different from those of an adult. Because children are still growing, the body’s response to injuries, infections, and deformities may be quite different than what would be seen in a full-grown person.
Orthopaedic surgeons are trained in the preservation, investigation, and restoration of the form and function of the extremities, spine, and associated structures by medical, surgical, and physical means. An orthopaedic surgeon is involved with the care of patients whose musculoskeletal problems include congenital deformities, trauma, infections, tumors, metabolic disturbances of the musculoskeletal system, deformities, injuries, and degenerative diseases of the spine, hands, feet, knee, hip, shoulder, and elbow. The orthopaedic surgeon manages special problems, diagnoses the injury or disorder, and establishes the treatment plan using surgery, medication, exercise, and/or physical therapy. They are also concerned with primary and secondary muscular problems and the effects of central or peripheral nervous system lesions of the musculoskeletal system. Orthopaedic surgeons treat patients of all ages, mostly on a short-term basis. Since many of their patients have been involved in accidents, orthopaedic surgeons also assess disability in legal actions. The field has undergone notable improvements in techniques and equipment, such as microsurgery and joint replacements.
– We have a well equipped & well-trained department of Orthopaedic Surgery.
– Our Orthopaedic department is equipped with all latest facilities in Orthopaedics such as Digital X-ray, Image Intensifier & a well equipped Operation Theater to any out routine & specialized Orthopaedic Surgeries.
– We perform all kinds of routine & specialized Orthopaedic Surgeries which encompass the following :
- Paediatric Orthopaedics
- Spine Surgery
- Hand and Microvascular Surgery
– We focus on patient care of the highest standard & postoperative rehabilitation to help our patients recover faster.
– We have qualified physiotherapist to attend our patients to make sure our patients follow a meticulous rehab regimen.