Our Urology Department offers expert outpatient and inpatient services to those with problem of the urinary tract and male genital tract. The department of urology is equipped with all the latest endo-urological instruments including a laser machine for expert management of all elective and emergency urological procedures
Several lithotripsy procedure are done for non-invasive management of stone disease.
- Complete Minimally Invasive Urinary Stone Management
- Rigid Ureteroscopy
- Open Urological Surgeries
- Treatment of ureteric stones of all sizes and location. Stones are broken under vision with the aid of pneumatic or laser energy into small fragments. These procedures are done with minimal morbidity and the patients are discharged in 24 hours.
- Retrograde Intrarenal Surgery
- Flexible Ureterorenoscopy can be passed into the kidney and stones in any location can be fragmented with Laser. Again the hospitalization is 24 hours and the patient can go back to work in 48 hours. This procedure is applicable for smaller renal stones (less than 2 cm) and stones that have failed extracorporeal lithotripsy (ESWL).
- PCNL (Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy)